Reporting to the Finance Manager and responsible for providing effective secretarial support and performing routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting letters and reports, drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining files, retrieving documents as well as synchronizing and updating the office diary.
- Maintain effective communication channels with other departments as well as external organizations and individuals.
- Prepare notes, draft correspondence type letters and reports including document binding in accordance with agreed instructions in English
- Respond to telephone inquiries, giving information to callers and routing calls to appropriate officials and also placing outgoing calls in both English.
- Receive official visitors by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them accordingly.
- Receive, sort, record and distribute mail, general correspondence and documents to appropriate officials.
- Schedule appointments and screen requests for meetings, synchronize and update appointments.
- Prepare both local and international itineraries confirm travel, freight and hotel reservations.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to correspondence or queries as well as organize filing and retrieval systems.
- Oversee proper maintenance, storage, retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are accessible and secure
- Organize meetings and conferences and accurately record proceedings of various deliberations
- Operate and maintain electronic office equipment and tools including word processing and photocopying machines, scanning and binding equipment
- Monitor and track the progress of various assignments and regularly updating the Manager and other members of staff on specific deadlines and problems.
- Bachelors Degree in Office/ Business Administration, Secrétariat studies or other related studies
- Computer Driving License backed by high level proficiency in computer keyboard operations and transcription skills minimum 50 wpm typing skills
- Minimum three 3 years relevant experience preferably gained in providing support to top executive and senior management
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills and high APS score
- Proficiency and exposure to Oracle ERP system as well as the French language is an added advantage
The position is on general service terms and conditions of service. We offer competitive salary of USD 1950 to 2350pm and benefits package and a collegial working environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications including a one-page cover letter together with their CV (not more than 3 pages) with contacts of three professional referees to email@example.com
Please indicate “Chief Administration Officer Position” in the subject heading of the email application.
Application deadline is 30/09/2014